Recording your performance (phrase recording), Usersong – Yamaha PSR-E253 User Manual
PSR-E253/YPT-255 Owner’s Manual
Recording Your Performance (Phrase Recording)
You can record your performance as a User Song (Song number 103), which can then
be played back on the instrument.
Select the desired Voice.
Press the [PHRASE REC] button to
enable the Record mode.
To exit from the Record mode, press the
[PHRASE REC] button again. (The display stops
Play the keyboard to start recording.
Press the [START/STOP] button to stop
To play back the recorded Song, press
the [START/STOP] button.
• A total of approximately 300 notes can be recorded to the User Song.
• If the User Song is recorded, the data will be recorded
over and erased (you will record over and erase previ-
ous data in “User Song”).
• Never attempt to turn the power off or connect or dis-
connect the AC adaptor. Doing so can result in a loss
• When recording capacity becomes full during recording,
a “Mem Full” message appears on the display, record-
ing is stopped, and the Song select display is shown.
• If you press the [START/STOP] button, even if you don’t
play the keyboard, recording starts.
Limitations while recording:
• The following settings/operations cannot be
recorded: Reverb Level, Style, metronome
click, Transpose, Tuning.
• The following settings and buttons are not avail-
able, or if operated, the new settings cannot be
Split Point, Reverb Type, Chorus Type,
[FUNCTION] button, [PORTABLE GRAND]
• If you make a mistake or want to erase an existing Song,
you can delete the User Song. To do this, enable the
Record mode in step 2, and then press the [START/
STOP] button twice in succession (without playing the