Caution – Yamaha PSR-E253 User Manual

Page 8

background image


PSR-E253/YPT-255 Owner’s Manual

• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit. A burning

item may fall over and cause a fire.

• Follow the precautions below. Failure to do so might result in

explosion, fire, overheating or battery fluid leakage.

- Do not tamper with or disassemble batteries.

- Do not dispose of batteries in fire.

- Do not attempt to recharge batteries that are not designed to be


- Keep the batteries separate from metallic objects such as

necklaces, hairpins, coins, and keys.

- Use the specified battery type (page 42) only.

- Use new batteries, all of which are the same type, same model,

and made by the same manufacturer.

- Always make sure all batteries are inserted in conformity with the

+/- polarity markings.

- When the batteries run out, or if the instrument is not to be used

for a long time, remove the batteries from the instrument.

- When using Ni-MH batteries, follow the instructions that came

with the batteries. Use only the specified charger device when

• Keep batteries away from small children who might accidentally

swallow them.

• If the batteries do leak, avoid contact with the leaked fluid. If the

battery fluid should come in contact with your eyes, mouth, or
skin, wash immediately with water and consult a doctor. Battery
fluid is corrosive and may possibly cause loss of sight or chemical

• When one of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the

power switch and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet. (If
you are using batteries, remove all batteries from the instrument.)
Then have the device inspected by Yamaha service personnel.

- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.

- It emits unusual smells or smoke.

- Some object has been dropped into the instrument.

- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the instrument.


Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to
you or others, or damage to the instrument or other property. These precautions include, but
are not limited to, the following:

• Do not connect the instrument to an electrical outlet using a

multiple-connector. Doing so can result in lower sound quality, or
possibly cause overheating in the outlet.

• When removing the electric plug from the instrument or an outlet,

always hold the plug itself and not the cord. Pulling by the cord
can damage it.

• Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the instrument is not

to be used for extended periods of time, or during electrical storms.

• Do not place the instrument in an unstable position where it might

accidentally fall over.

• Before moving the instrument, remove all connected cables, to

prevent damage to the cables or injury to anyone who might trip
over them.

• When setting up the product, make sure that the AC outlet you are

using is easily accessible. If some trouble or malfunction occurs,
immediately turn off the power switch and disconnect the plug
from the outlet. Even when the power switch is turned off,
electricity is still flowing to the product at the minimum level.
When you are not using the product for a long time, make sure to
unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.

• Use only the stand specified for the instrument. When attaching it,

use the provided screws only. Failure to do so could cause damage
to the internal components or result in the instrument falling over.

• Before connecting the instrument to other electronic components,

turn off the power for all components. Before turning the power on
or off for all components, set all volume levels to minimum.

• Be sure to set the volumes of all components at their minimum

levels and gradually raise the volume controls while playing the
instrument to set the desired listening level.

Fire warning


If you notice any abnormality

Power supply/AC adaptor





This manual is related to the following products: