Freestyle Audio Soundwave User Manual
Before Loading Music on Player
• Your MP3 Player supports MP3, WMA, and Subscription music services.
• Your MP3 Player has two operating modes designed to provide speciﬁc song and ﬁle
• Portable Media Player (PMP) – designed to work with Microsoft Windows Media
Player (WMP) to load and manage your music ﬁles and playlists contained in WMP
onto the player. You can also ‘drag & drop’ or ‘copy & paste’ music ﬁles directly from
the hard drive of your computer onto your player in PMP mode.
• Portable Storage Device (PSD) – designed to load and manage music ﬁles directly
from the hard drive of your computer onto your player. PSD mode must be used
when connecting the player to a MAC computer or to load converted iTunes music
ﬁles onto the player (MAC or PC). You can also ‘drag & drop’ or ‘copy & paste’ music
ﬁles directly from the hard drive of your computer onto your player in PSD mode.
Note: If you are loading digital rights protected (DRM) songs or subscription
music service songs onto the player you must use Portable Media Player mode
for these songs to play.
Note: You can load non-music ﬁles for storage onto your player in either mode.
• The easiest way to recognize which mode the player is in is by the location of the battery
indicator on the screen while plugged into your computer or laptop.
• Top Left = PMP mode (Portable Media Player)
• Top Right = PSD mode (Portable Storage Device)
• To switch between the two modes short press the Play/Pause/On/Off button (middle top)
while device is connected to your computer. The unit will initially be in the Portable
Media Player mode.