Other viewing options, Presetting remote control function, Operating the connected equipment – Sharp Aquos LC 46BD80UN User Manual
Presetting Remote Control Function
You can operate the connected AV products (AV
receiver, cable box, SAT tuner, DTV, VCR, DVD, LD)
using the presetting manufacturer function of your
remote control unit.
Other Viewing Options
Presetting manufacturer codes
After the LED for your device lights up, press
FUNCTION and DISPLAY at the same time to
enter the code registration mode. The LED will
FUNCTION until the LED for your device
After registering the code, the LED will stop blinking
then turn off after one second. (If you perform an
incorrect operation, the LED will blink quickly then
0–9 to enter the manufacturer code. (See
• Preset mode is fi nished once the LED no longer lights
Operating the Connected Equipment
To operate the connected equipment, press
FUNCTION to select the LED for your device. (VCR,
AUDIO, CBL/SAT (cable converter) or DVD.) The
LED lights up, and the remote control unit button will
function as follows.
• When you operate VCR or DVD, press
INPUT to select the
terminal connected to your device.
• CABLE and SAT cannot be selected at the same time.
1 SOURCE POWER
• Turns the connected equipment power on and off.
• Rewinds the tape and allows picture search. (VCR)
• Hold down to go in reverse. (DVD)
• Starts recording. (VCR)
• Pressing quickly once takes you to the start of the chapter
currently playing. Each time you press it, you move back
to the start of the previous chapter. (DVD)
5 0–9 (CBL/SAT), • (DOT) (SAT)
• Press a button (or buttons) that corresponds to the
channel that you wish to watch.
• Starts playback. (VCR, DVD)
• Rapidly advances the tape and allows picture search.
• Hold down to fast forward. (DVD)
• Sets pauses and still pictures. (VCR, DVD)
• Stops the tape transport. (VCR)
• Playback stops when pressed. With some DVD players,
pressing the button twice may open the disc tray. (DVD)
• Pressing quickly once takes you to the start of the next
chapter. Each time you press it, you move ahead to the
start of the next chapter. (DVD)
to tune in to a higher or lower
• Press to select the channel of the TV tuner on the VCR.
• When this button is pressed, the DVD menu will display.
a/b/c/d: Press the button to select items on the SAT
GUIDE screen or SAT MENU screen. (SAT). Press the
button to select items on the DVD MENU screen. (DVD)
ENTER: Press to activate the selected function. (SAT,
• Press to switch between the current channel and the
channel you were watching immediately before. Some
manufacturers do not preset FLASHBACK. (CBL)