Important safety instructions – Sharp Aquos LC 46BD80UN User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• Outdoor Antenna Grounding — If an outside antenna is
connected to the television equipment, be sure the antenna
system is grounded so as to provide some protection against
voltage surges and built-up static charges.
Article 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70,
provides information with regard to proper grounding of the
mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire
to an antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors,
location of antenna-discharge unit, connection to grounding
electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode.
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA GROUNDING AS PER
NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE, ANSI/NFPA 70
LEAD IN WIRE
NEC — NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
(NEC SECTION 810-21)
POWER SERVICE GROUNDING
(NEC ART 250, PART H)
(NEC SECTION 810-20)
• Water and Moisture — Do not use this product near water - for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or
laundry tub; in a wet basement; or near a swimming pool; and the like.
• Stand — Do not place the product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod or table. Placing the product on an unstable base
can cause the product to fall, resulting in serious personal injuries as well as damage to the product. Use only a cart,
stand, tripod, bracket or table recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product. When mounting the product
on a wall, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions. Use only the mounting hardware recommended by the
• Selecting the location — Select a place with no direct sunlight and good ventilation.
• Ventilation — The vents and other openings in the cabinet are designed for ventilation. Do not cover or block these vents
and openings since insuffi cient ventilation can cause overheating and/or shorten the life of the product. Do not place
the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface, since they can block ventilation openings. This product is not
designed for built-in installation; do not place the product in an enclosed place such as a bookcase or rack, unless proper
ventilation is provided or the manufacturer's instructions are followed.
• The Liquid Crystal panel used in this product is made of glass. Therefore, it can break when the product is dropped or
applied with impact. Be careful not to be injured by broken glass pieces in case the panel breaks.
• Heat — The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other
products (including amplifi ers) that produce heat.
• The Liquid Crystal panel is a very high technology product with 2,073,600 pixels, giving you fi ne picture details.
Occasionally, a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fi xed point of blue, green or red. Please note that
this does not affect the performance of your product.
• Lightning — For added protection for this television equipment during a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and
unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna. This will prevent damage to
the equipment due to lightning and power-line surges.
• Power Lines — An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric
light or power circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system,
extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with them might be fatal.
• To prevent fi re, never place any type of candle or fl ames on the top or near the TV set.
• To prevent fi re or shock hazard, do not place the AC cord under the TV set or other heavy items.
• Do not display a still picture for a long time, as this could cause an afterimage to remain.
• To prevent fi re or shock hazard, do not expose this product to dripping or splashing.
No objects fi lled with liquids, such as vases, should be placed on the product.
• Do not insert foreign objects into the product. Inserting objects in the air vents or other openings may
result in fi re or electric shock. Exercise special caution when using the product around children.
Precautions when transporting the TV
• When transporting the TV, never carry it by holding or otherwise putting pressure onto the display. Be sure to always
carry the TV by two people holding it with two hands — one hand on each side of the TV.
• Turn off the main power and unplug the AC cord from the wall outlet before handling.
• Use a soft cloth and gently wipe the surface of the display panel. Using a hard cloth may
scratch the panel surface.
• Use a soft damp cloth to gently wipe the panel when it is really dirty.
(It may scratch the panel surface when wiped strongly.)
• If the panel is dusty, use an anti-static brush, which is commercially available, to clean it.
• To protect the panel, do not use a dirty cloth, liquid cleaners or chemical cloth to clean it, such materials may damage
the panel surface.
• To clean the outer cabinet, use the same method. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.