Instructions for use – FARBERWARE COFFEEMAKER FSCM100 User Manual
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
BEFORE BREWING COFFEE FOR THE FIRST TIME
CAUTION: To protect against electric shock, do not submerge the
Coffeemaker or allow AC cord to come into contact with
water or other liquids.
1. After carefully unpacking from carton, the inside of your
Coffeemaker and Carafe must be cleaned.
2. Brew 10 cups of fresh water only. Follow the instructions
under BREWING COFFEE Section but do not add coffee
grounds to the paper filter.
3. When all the water has brewed into the Carafe, slide the
AUTO/OFF/ON Switch to OFF.
4. Allow the Coffeemaker to cool for 10 minutes, discard the
water from the Carafe, then repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. After the second pot of water has cooled, discard the water and
thoroughly wash the Removable Filter Basket (see illustration on
page 5), Carafe and Carafe Lid in warm, soapy water. Dry all
FOR BEST RESULTS
We recommend using coffee which has been ground specifically
for automatic drip coffeemakers. This type of coffee is prepared
specifically for your Coffeemaker’s brewing system and promotes
fuller extraction to provide rich, full-bodied coffee.
Use only cone-shaped filters with this Coffeemaker. Cone-shaped
paper filters are available locally at grocery stores. Use standard, #4
filters. You may also purchase permanent gold filters, which
eliminate the need for disposable paper filters. Do not use basket-
style paper filters.