Software installation – NetComm NP642 User Manual
NP642 IEEE 802.11g PCI Adapter
This section will guide you through the driver and utility installation procedure for the
NP642 Wireless PCI Card.
Windows 98se/ME/2000/XP Utility and Driver Installation
1. Insert the Driver and Utility CD-ROM into the CD-ROM Drive. The driver and util-
ity setup menu should start up and install the driver. Depending on your operating
system, you may need to install the software manually. Go to your Windows start
menu and select “Run”. Type “D:\Utility\Setup.exe” in the dialog box (where D:\ is
the letter of your CD-ROM drive) and click OK.
2. If you need to install the driver manually, refer your Windows Operating System,
(OS) to the following CD-Rom directory path: D:\Driver\<Windows OS>\net5211.inf
(where D:\ is the letter of your CD-ROM drive).
3. The Install Shield Wizard screen will appear. Click “Next” to continue.
4. The installation program will help you setup the Wireless PCI utility.
Windows XP has its own Wireless Utility. You can either use the Windows XP utility
or the provided utility.
5. Once the Wireless PCI Card is installed you will ﬁnd a new icon on the Windows task
bar. The colour of the icon represents the strength of the wireless signal.