XM Satellite Radio RoadyTM User Manual
Taking Care of Your Roady
(Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury or
damage to your Roady Receiver or to your vehicle.)
• Use only a soft, dry cloth to clean the outside of your Roady and any
• Do not use any solvents, chemicals, or cleaning solutions containing
alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives.
• Do not allow liquids to spill on the unit.
• Do not use sprays near your Roady.
• It is best to keep Roady out of direct sunlight or other sources of
• Avoid placing Roady in a setting where air cannot circulate around the unit.
Your Roady Receiver is designed and built to provide you with trouble-
free performance without the need for service. If it does not appear to be
functioning correctly, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure all connectors are properly attached.
2. Make sure the cigarette lighter/auxiliary power socket is clean and free
3. Make sure the adaptor is firmly seated in the cigarette lighter/
auxiliary power socket.
4. Check the adaptor fuse by unscrewing the ribbed end of the adaptor
and examining it. If required, replace with a 1-amp fuse only. If your
cigarette lighter adaptor does not have a removable end cap, then it is
equipped with an internal fuse that resets itself after it is left unpow-
ered for a period of time.
Caution: Refrain from using
food or drinks near the Roady
Receiver. Spilling food or drinks
on the unit could damage it.
Roady Guide keys 4" x 4" 8/5/03 1:40 PM Page 25