Philips AVENT Écoute-bébé DECT User Manual
Philips Products for children
14 All the required markings are located on the
battery compartment of the parent unit and
baby unit and on the bottom enclosure of the
charger (if any).
in cords. Keep this
cord out of the
reach of children
(more than 1 metre/
3.5 feet away).
Do not remove the
tag (Fig. 2).
Caution: Prevent risk of explosion, electric
shock, short circuit, or leakage
- The apparatus shall not be exposed to
dripping or splashing and no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the
- Where the mains plug is used as the
disconnect device, the disconnect device shall
remain readily operable.
- Use the supplied adapter to connect the baby
and parent units to the mains.
- To prevent electric shock, do not open the
housing of the baby unit or parent unit except
for the battery compartments.
- Make sure that your hands are dry when you
insert or replace batteries (battery pack)
or when you handle power cords or power
supplies to be plugged to the mains.
- For the parent unit, use only the rechargeable
battery pack supplied with the baby monitor.
Charge the rechargeable battery pack as
described in the user manual.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly
replaced. Replace only with the same type.
- The parent unit has a charging function with
rechargeable battery only.
Know these safety symbols
- The exclamation mark calls attention to
features that require you to read the enclosed
user information closely to prevent operating
and maintenance problems. (Fig. 1)
Warning: To reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, this apparatus should not be exposed to
rain or moisture and objects filled with liquids, such
as vases, should not be placed on this apparatus.
Important Safety Instructions
1 Read these instructions.
2 Keep these instructions.
3 Heed all warnings.
4 Follow all instructions.
5 Do not use this apparatus near water.
6 Clean only with dry cloth.
7 Do not block any ventilation openings.
Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s
8 Do not install near any heat sources such as
radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9 Protect the power cord from being walked on
or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit
from the apparatus.
10 Only use attachments/accessories specified by
11 Unplug this apparatus during lightning or when
unused for long periods of time.
12 Refer all servicing to qualified service
personnel. Servicing is required when the
apparatus has been damaged in any way, such
as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid
has been spilled or objects have fallen into the
apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to
rain or moisture, does not operate normally,
or has been dropped. Please check the power
cord periodically to prevent potential damages,
such as worn or cut cord. For assistance, visit
our website www.philips.com/support or
contact the Philips Consumer Care Centre in
your country. You find its contact details in the
worldwide guarantee leaflet.
13 This product may contain lead and mercury.
Disposal of these materials may be regulated
due to environmental considerations. For
disposal or recycling information, please
contact your local authorities or the Electronic
Industries Alliance: www.eiae.org.
- For the adapters and battery types, please
refer to chapter ‘Replacement’ for details.
- To prevent battery explosion or leakage,
which can damage the baby monitor and
cause burns and skin or eye irritation:
- do not recharge non-rechargeable batteries
- insert batteries in the right direction (+/-)
- remove batteries if you are not going to use
the product for more than 30 days
- keep the battery away from excessive heat
such as sunshine, fire or the like
- do not leave empty batteries in the baby unit.
- To prevent the battery from heating up
or releasing toxic materials, hydrogen,
or oxygen, do not:
- short circuit
- reverse charge, or
- damage batteries
- To handle damaged or leaked batteries,
wear protective gloves to protect your
- This baby monitor is intended as an aid. It is not
a substitute for responsible and proper adult
supervision and should not be used as such.
- Never place the baby unit inside the baby bed
- For their safety, do not allow children to touch
and play with the baby monitor, adapters and
all the accessories. THIS IS NOT A TOY.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Do not use cleaning spray or liquid cleaners.
- Unplug the parent unit and baby unit if they
are connected to a power outlet.
- Dispose of batteries properly according to the
instructions. Do not incinerate. Batteries may
explode if overheated.
- Do not wrap in metal or aluminium foil. Wrap
in newspaper before discarding.
- It is suggested that you contact your local
town or city to determine proper battery
redemption site(s) in your area.
- Please visit www.recycle.philips.com for additional
information on a recycling centre in your area.
- Use and store the baby monitor between 5°C
(40°F) and 40°C (104°F).
- Do not expose the baby unit and parent unit
to extreme cold or heat or to direct sunlight.
Important Safety Instructions
SCD580, SCD570, SCD560
Register your product and get support at
75% recycled paper
75% papier recyclé