Pb3000 dual air/temperature – I.C.E. 3 OSDs User Manual
DUAL AIR/TEMPERATURE SEQUENCE OF OPERATION
PB3000A REMOTE PANEL c/w PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLER (PLC)
1. Three-position damper is powered continuously. Lighting Contactors (by others) are always energized as long as
main disconnect is on and Booth Lights Switch is in “ON” position. Spray Gun Solenoid (by others) is energized
only in Spray Cycle.
2. System “ON” Push Button is pressed and released, energizing and supplies power to the Maxitrol Amplifier. Three
position damper motor opens the damper to 100% fresh air. Output 1 energizes the profile damper motor.
3. When the profile damper motor end switch is engaged, the High Speed Exhaust (Spray) Fan Starter is energized and
closes the High Exhaust Fan Air Proving Switch.
4. Delay Exhaust Start Timer (Set to 4 seconds) is energized.
5. After 4 seconds the Supply Fan Motor Starter Coil is energized, Spray Cycle Light and Supply Fan Light are
Note: A set of normally closed contacts from a fire alarm are placed in series with PLC Input No. 4 so that in the event
of a fire the Dry Cycle is shut down and the system reverts back to the Spray Cycle venting smoke to the outdoors
through the unit.
1. Dry Mode Push Button is pressed and released. Spray Cycle Light is de-energized and Spray Gun Solenoid (by
others) is de-energized. Burner is still active discharging at 75
2. Purge Cycle Timer (set to 180 seconds, adjustable from Operator Interface) is energized while simultaneously
energizing the Purge Cycle Light.
3. After 180 seconds, the Purge Cycle Light is de-energized. The Dry Timer (set to paint specifications, adjustable
from Operator Interface ) is energized which will energize the Spray/Dry Switch Over Timer (set to 10-20 seconds),
relay R1, and the Dry Cycle Light.
4. After 10-20 seconds, the contacts on the Maxitrol Amplifier switch to set point 2 (preheat).
5. When R1 relay is energized, the three position damper motor travels the damper to the mid-position. The profile
damper motor is de-energized. The damper motor end switch de-energizes the High Speed Exhaust Fan Starter.
6. The High Exhaust Fan Air Proving Switch drops out, the Low Exhaust Speed Fan Air Proving Switch makes and the
Season Switch is disabled.
7. After 120 seconds the contacts on the Maxitrol amplifier switch to set point 3 (drying).
8. Expiration of the paint specification dry time, Dry Cycle Light, Spray/Dry Switch Over Timer, and relay R1 are de-
9. The three position damper returns to 100% fresh air. Unit will remain on until the System “OFF” Push Button is
manually pressed and released.
TD-1 Delay Exhaust Start Timer 4 Seconds (in PLC)
TD-2 Low Fire Delay Timer 20 Seconds (in unit panel)
TD-3 Purge Cycle Timer 180 Seconds (in PLC, Operator Programmable)
TD-5 Spray/Dry Switch Over Timer 10-20 Seconds (in PB3000 Panel)
TD-6 Dry Mode Preheat Timer 120 Seconds (in PLC)
Dry Timer set as per Paint Specifications (in PLC, Operator Programmable)
High Limit Spray = 165
°F, High Limit Dry = 200°F