I.C.E. 3 OSDs User Manual
1. On indoor units, install fresh air duct to inlet of unit. Install intake hood or louvers with screen.
a) Make required opening in wall and line with angle frame inside. Should be completed before outside is started to
b) Insert insulated fresh air “collar” through opening with flanges turned out to provide rigidity.
c) Anchor intake hood with birdscreen to wall.
d) Caulk perimeter of opening to make rain tight.
2. Connect discharge air duct or discharge grille to unit outlet. If unit is installed on a roof, be sure that the duct going
through the roof is adequately flashed and sealed to prevent leakage (see Figure 1).
3. Where a ductwork system or other enclosure is directly connected to the inlet or outlet of the heater is such a way as to
cause a possible gas trap and accumulation of a flammable mixture, a pre-purge cycle shall be incorporated to provide not
less than 4 complete air changes of the ductwork or enclosure by volume prior to an ignition.
4. Where additional automatically operated inlet or discharge air louvers are used, they shall be electric interlocked to
ensure the maximum designed opening before either starting or running circuits may be energized.
a) This unit shall be electrically interlocked so that it will operate only when the associated exhaust system(s) is
functioning. An exhaust airflow proving switch shall be used (Refer to sheet exhaust interlock). For typical
application, and (wiring diagram) for electric hookup.
b) The total air discharge capacity of the unit must not exceed by more than 10% the total discharge capacity of
the exhaust systems in conjunction with which it is used. Where the tempered air is discharged directly into a
booth, the total air discharge capacity of the booth.
c) The exhaust air proving switches should be set as to open when the volume of exhaust drops by more than
10% (dirty exhaust filters, etc.).
CONNECT GAS SUPPLY
a) Run correctly sized gas line to the unit. Install manual shut off valve plug-cock type approved for the application.
NOTE: Gas line pressure must be a least 7” W.C” when unit is operating at full input (Burner manifold pressure at full input
is from 4” to 4 ½” W.C.) Check rating plate on unit for maximum gas input.
b) Bleed and vent lines shall be installed in accordance with the applicable requirements.
1. Install remote supervisor panel or if summer-off-winter switch (is used) in the desired location.
2. Complete wiring to supervisor panel or summer-off-winter switch as shown on wiring diagram.
3. Install fused disconnect switch (to be furnished by installer) and connect 3 phase power supply to disconnect
switch mounted on unit. Voltage must correspond to voltage marked on rating plate.
4. Complete all wiring to accessories (interlocks) as per wiring diagram provided on the unit.
NOTE: It is recommended that filters be removed during winter operation, if up stream from burner.