Chapter 3 tuning overview, Chapter 4 modifying a calibration, 6 help – Zipper's Performance 309-575 User Manual
Page 14: 7 configure
Thunder Heart Performance Corp.
Click on HELP, and then click on HELP TOPICS for on-line help. You can
also determine the software version and serial number by clicking ABOUT
Select Com Port
If you have problems establishing a module link, try selecting a different com
Reserved for future use.
Some features of SmartLink III software are only available with certain
authorization codes. This is not needed for most ignition modules.
CHAPTER 3 TUNING OVERVIEW
By following these steps, the SmartLink III software will help you tune your
bike in a minimal amount of time.
1. Establish a module link (see section 1.4, “Getting Started”). The
motorcycle must be “ON” (or running, if you need to hear the motorcycle
run while making adjustments).
2. Upload the calibration file stored in the module to the computer (see
section 2.1, “Upload Current Module Settings”)
3. Modify the calibration (see Chapter 4, “Modifying a Calibration).
4. Save the changes to the computer’s hard drive for safe keeping (see
section 2.1, “Save the Current File” or “Save the Current File Under a
Different File Name”).
5. To be sure the changes will take effect in the module, download the
calibration file to the module (see section 2.1, “Download File to
6. Turn the bike off and disconnect the communication cable from the
7. Ride the bike. If any tuning is required, go back to step 1.
CHAPTER 4 MODIFYING A CALIBRATION
Higher values of spark advance generally can improve response, efficiency,
and power until the point of detonation, which reduces power and can
damage the engine.