Instructions for installation (cont'd) – Maytag HE21250PC User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Instructions for Installation (cont'd)
16. Find the loop of thermostat wiring cable (grey colored) inside
the junction box and pub it out.
17. Cut the thermostat wiring cable in half at the top of the loop.
IS. The wire side of the loop ridiich does not have the red tape
strip on it should be cut off or pressed into the junction box
out of the way.
19. Strip the thermostat cable outer insulation back 1'A inches.
Strip the ends
inch on each of the six colored wires.
20. A second terminal connector is provided in a small bag eon-
tained within the large plastic manual envelope attached to
the side of the water heater. Loosen each screw in the termi
nal connector. Insert the six colored wires of the thermostat
cable into the terminal connector and tighten each screw to
secure each wire. Be sure to arrange wires in exact color
sequence as shown.
The six colored insulated wires must be installed in
the terminal connector exactly as shown for the
thermostat to operate correctly.
21. Locate the end of the remote thermostat cable routed to the
water heater in Step