Using the needle threader (p), Using the needle threader – SINGER 9124 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Your sewing machine is easily threaded. Tension discs, thread guides and take-up
lever have been designed as internal parts, eliminating many extra threading steps. The
clear threading path helps you avoid threading errors.
THREADING THE MACHINE
To thread your machine correctly, simply follow the steps below:
• Raise presser foot lifter.
• Raise needle to its highest position by turning hand wheel toward
• Place spool of thread on spool pin (1).
• Slide spool cap (2) firmly over the rim of the spool to prevent thread
• Snap thread into thread guide post (3).
• Following arrows, guide thread into auto tension channel (4) down to needle and
firmly pull thread.
• Thread needle from front to back.
USING THE NEEDLE THREADER (P)
To help in threading the machine needle, use the needle threader
• Thread machine and draw
of thread down to the needle.
• Lower presser foot lifter.
• Holding needle threader as shown with
your right hand, position U-shaped part
of threader under bar of needle clamp.
• Snap threader up onto bar.
• Swing threader back just far enough to
clear the needle.
• Slide threader as far to the left as it will
• Be sure guide (1) is against the left side
of the needle.
Bring metal hook of threader forward,
through the eye of the needle.
Holding 3" (7.5 cm) of thread between
your fingers, guide thread into metal
hook. Release thread.
• Holding threader with right hand, draw
through eye of the needle.
• To remove needle threader, slide it to
the right, and off bar of needle clamp.
• Carefully unhook thread from needle