One-step buttonholing – SINGER 6412 Millennium User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Always make a practice buttonhole on a sample of your fabric.
Make buttonhole position on fabric as indicated in pattern.
Stitch Width: |
I I 1 1
Stitch Length: 4
• Rennove presser foot from shank.
• Center pin (1) in presser foot under
Press presser foot screw
down firmly until shank
snaps into place.
SETTING LENGTH OF BUTTONHOLE
• Pull buttonhole lever (2) straight
down as far as it will go.
• Press it toward you.
• Place button against lever (2) and
slide clamp (3) back until it
^ 1 l l l l • l l l l l l l ►
• Center red guidelines (4) of foot
around beginning line.
• Lower presser foot.
Start running machine.
• The entire buttonhole will be sewn
in one operation.
• Stop sewing when leg begins
Remove fabric from
• Clip threads end; cut buttonhole
opening with scissors or seam
• Push buttonhole lever (2) back up
ADJUSTING BALANCE OF
• If two stitching sides of buttonhole
are unequal, move stitch balance
lever to adjust.
- If right side is too open, move
stitch balance lever slightly to right.
- If left side is too open, move stitch
balance lever slightly to left.