5 maintenance – Jiaye General Merchandise Co BTP-M280 User Manual
BTP-M280 User’s Manual
- 28 -
For daily maintenance be sure the printer is turned off.
Do not use gasoline, acetone or other organic liquids to clean any parts of the printer.
When cleaning the sensor, please leave the printer off until the alcohol completely dried.
Recommended maintenance cycle shall be no longer than a month.
5.1 Roller cleaning
Steps for roller cleaning are as follows:
1) Turn off the printer power.
2) Pull the latch to open the back cover, as shown in the figure:
3) Keep the back cover open, clean the dust and duty on the platen roller using a soft cotton cloth with
little moderate cleanser.
4) Wait until the cleanser is completely evaporated then close the back cover and finish roller cleaning.
5.2 Mark sensor cleaning
If the printer does not identify the mark effectively, you should clean the mark sensor:
Steps for mark sensor cleaning are as follows:
1) Turn off the printer.
2) Pull the latch to open the back cover of the printer.
3) Keep the back cover open, clean the dust and dirt off the mark sensor using a soft cotton cloth with a
4) Wait until the anhydrous alcohol completely evaporated then close the back cover and finish mark
5.3 Clear paper jam
When the printer in one the following situations, you should clear the paper jam:
Paper can not get out normally.
Excessive noise occurs with paper feeds.
Steps for cleanup paper jam are as follows：