Metro web – UTStarcom CDM1450 User Manual
To select “Settings”, press .
Selecting the “Advanced” item in the Browser Menu displays the
advanced menu items.
To select “Advanced”, press .
When the “Exit” item is selected from the Browser Menu, the user exits
out of the browser and is returned to the phone idle mode.
To exit browser, press .
1. Downloads: Selecting the “Downloads” item allows the user to
enable/disable downloading images, background sounds, and object
downloads when a URL is accessed.
2. Restart Browser: Selecting “Restart Browser” causes the history
and cache to be cleared and returns the user to the homepage.
3. Scroll Mode: Selecting “Scroll Mode” from the Settings menu allows
the user to select the way text scrolls and the scroll speed.
4. Send Referrer: When the “Send Referrer” item is selected from the
Settings menu, the browser allows the user to turn on or off sending
the referrer URL.
5. Key Press Timeout: When the “Key Press Timeout” item is selected
from the Settings menu, the browser allows the user to set the key
press timeout as fast, medium or slow. Medium is 1.5 seconds, slow
2 seconds and fast is 1 second. The key press timeout is the period of
time after which the cursor auto-advances to the next entry position. In
most cases, a single key can be used to enter more than one character.
Each time the key is pressed the last character of the line is replaced
by the next choice for that key. As long as the same key is re-pressed
within key press timeout, the last character cycles between all the
choices for the key.
6. Connection Timeout: When the Connection Timeout item is
selected from the Settings menu, the browser allows the user to set
the connection timeout. The connection timeout determines how long
the browser will wait for a response from the network for a network
1. About...: When the “About” item is selected, information about the
browser version, copyright information and certificate information is
2. Encryption: Selecting the “Encryption” item from the Advanced
Menu enables the user access to Encryption features of the browser.
Authentication: The “Authentication” item in the Encryption menu
allows the user to toggle authentication caching.
Root Certificate: The “Root Certificate” item in the Encryption
menu allows the user to view the list of certificates
The “Current Certificate” item in the
Encryption menu allows the user to view the current certificate. This is
only available if a secure connection is established.
2007.12.17 10:21:28 AM
2007.12.17 10:21:28 AM