Motor base, Container – Vita-Mix BARBOSS MP User Manual
1. Unplug the power cord.
2. Wash outside surface with a damp, soft cloth or sponge, which has been rinsed in a
mild solution of liquid dish soap (Ivory Liquid
or equivalent) in warm water. NEVER
IMMERSE MOTOR BASE IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUID.
3. Thoroughly clean switches so that they work freely. They will become sticky from
use. Use a wet cloth or sponge* to flush and clean in the groove around the water
shielded switches. You may also lightly spray the surface around the switches with
an all-purpose cleaner such as Cinch
and work the switches back and forth
a few times to loosen any dried residue under switch.
4. Polish with a soft cloth.
*Note: Be sure to wring excess water out of cloth or sponge when cleaning around the
controls or any electrical part.
Separate the lid and plug, then wash in warm soapy water. Rinse clean under running
water and dry. Reassemble before use. (See page 5).
1. To clean: Fill pitcher 1/4 full with warm (110˚F/43˚C) water and add a couple drops
of dish soap.** Return container to motor base and firmly position the two part lid.
Run machine for 30 seconds. Empty container. Repeat this step.
** Note: To prolong polycarbonate container life, Vita-Mix recommends using soaps
with a low Ph balance, such as a manual pot and pan detergent. Due to the nature
of polycarbonates, automatic dishwashing is not recommended.
2. Fill pitcher 3/4 full with warm (110˚F/43˚C) water (do not add soap). Return container
to motor base and firmly position the two part lid. Run machine for 30 seconds.
3. If any solid residue remains, remove the blade agitator assembly (see page 8) and
wash all container parts in warm soapy water. Rinse and drain. Reassemble before
4. To sanitize: If all solid residue is gone after step 2 or after completion of step 3,
fill container 3/4 full with a sanitizing solution mix.*** Return container to motor base
and firmly position the two part lid. Run machine on HIGH for 30 seconds. Empty
5. Return container to motor base and run machine empty for an additional 5 seconds.
Do not rinse after sanitizing.
*** Recommended sanitizing solution: 1-1/2 teaspoons institutional or household
bleach in 2 quarts (2 liters) water.