Important safeguards – Vita-Mix BARBOSS MP User Manual
1. Read all instructions.
2. To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put motor base in water or other
3. Close adult supervision is necessary when appliance is used by or near children.
4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet when the Vita-Mix
blender is not in
use, before disassembling, putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning, other
than washing the container.
5. Never contact moving parts, especially the blades.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance
malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Call Vita-Mix Service,
(800) 4DRINK4, (800-437-4654) or (440) 235-0214 at once for possible
replacement, examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment. If you
live outside the United States, contact your local Vita-Mix Distributor, or phone
the Vita-Mix International Division at +1(440) 782-2450 or email
email@example.com for a distributor in your country.
7. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by Vita-Mix Corporation may
cause fire, shock, or injury.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let the power cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Keep hands and utensils out of container while motor is running to prevent the
possibility of severe personal injury and/or damage to the Vita-Mix blender. A rubber
scraper may be used, but only when the Vita-Mix blender is not running. With the
flexible rubber lid in place the accelerator tool may be used while motor is running.
11. WARNING: Blade is sharp. Handle carefully.
• Never try to remove blade while container is sitting on the motor base.
• Do not operate with loose, nicked or damaged blade - replace immediately.
• To reduce the risk of personal injury, never place blade assembly on motor base
without blender container properly attached.
12. The maximum capacity is equivalent to the ounces (liters) listed on the container,
i.e. 32 oz. (900 ml) and substantially less with thick mixtures.
13. Container should not be more than 2/3 full when the accelerator tool is left in
place while blending. Do not exceed 30 seconds of continuous blending with
accelerator tool in place.
14. CAUTION: Cooling problems resulting in thermal shut-off and eventual motor
damage may result if machine is operated in sound chambers other than those
approved by Vita-Mix.
15. Always operate the Vita-Mix blender with a lid in place.
16. CAUTION: On all units with timers the light in the front panel START/STOP switch,
when lit, indicates the power to blender is ON and blender could start. Turn power
OFF, or unplug the machine before touching movable parts.