Self-clean, Before a self-clean cycle, Caution – LG LRE30755SW User Manual
- 25 -
• The silver--colored oven racks can be self-cleaned, but they
will darken, lose their luster and become hard to slide.
• Soil on the front frame of the range and outside the gasket
on the door will need to be cleaned by hand. Clean these
areas with hot water, soap-filled steel-wool pads, or
cleansers such as Soft Scrub. Rinse well with clean water
• Do not clean the gasket. The fiberglass material of the oven
door gasket cannot withstand abrasion. It is essential for
the gasket to remain intact. If you notice it becoming worn
or frayed,replace it.
• Wipe up any heavy spillovers on the oven bottom.
• Make sure the oven light bulb cover is in place and the oven
light is off.
• Do not leave baking/ pizza stone in the oven during the
The self-clean cycle uses above normal cooking temperatures
to clean the oven’s interior automatically.
It is normal for flare-ups, smoking, or flaming to occur
during cleaning if the oven is heavily soiled. It is better to
clean the oven regularly rather than to wait until there is a
heavy build-up of soil in the oven.
During the cleaning process, the kitchen should be well
ventilated to get rid of normal odors associated with
Before a Self-Clean Cycle
We recommend venting your
kitchen with an open window
or using a ventilation fan or
hood during the first self-clean
Remove the oven racks, broiler
pan, broiler grid, all cookware,
and aluminum foil or any other
material from the oven.
Wipe up heavy soil on the
• During the Self-Cleaning cycle, the outside of the range
can become very hot to touch. DO NOT leave small
children unattended near the appliance.
• The health of some birds is extremely sensitive to the
fumes given off during the Self-Cleaning cycle of any
range. Move birds to another well-ventilated room.
• DO NOT line the oven walls, racks, bottom or any other
part of the range with aluminum foil or any other
material. Doing so will destroy heat distribution,
produce poor baking results and cause permanent
damage to the oven interior (aluminum foil will melt to
the interior surface of the oven).
• DO NOT force the oven door open. This can damage the
automatic door locking system. Use care when opening
the oven door after the Self-Cleaning cycle. Stand to the
side of the oven when opening the door to allow hot air
or steam to escape. The oven may still be VERY HOT.
oven racks before you
begin the self-clean