Digital zoom, A197), E “notes on digital zoom – Nikon COOLPIX P500 User Manual
Page 211: A197) f, A197
Enable or disable the digital zoom.
Notes on Digital Zoom
• When the digital zoom is in effect, AF area mode (
A95) is set to Center.
• Digital zoom cannot be used in the following situations.
- When the focus mode (
A40) is set to E (manual focus)
- When the scene mode (
A45) is set to j (Night landscape), e (Night portrait), Scene auto
selector, Portrait, or Pet portrait
- When smart portrait mode is selected
- When Multi-shot 16 is selected for the continuous (
- When Subject tracking is selected for AF area mode (
• At magnifications of 1.2× to 1.8×, Metering is set to Center-weighted, and at magnifications of
2.0× to 4.0×, it is set to Spot.
d button M z (Setup menu) (A186) M Digital zoom
On (default setting)
When the camera is zoomed in to the maximum optical zoom position, rotating and
holding the zoom control at
g (i) triggers the digital zoom (A31).
Limit zoom magnification up to the position of V during still picture shooting. Also
limit the digital zoom to the range at which image quality of the shot still picture
does not deteriorate.
• The digital zoom is not available when Image size is F 4000×3000,
I 3984×2656, u 3968×2232, O 1920×1080 or H 2992×2992.
• During movie recording, digital zoom works as described in On.
The digital zoom is not activated.