Step 3 focus and shoot, Press the shutter-release button halfway – Nikon COOLPIX P500 User Manual
Step 3 Focus and Shoot
Press the shutter-release button halfway.
• When the shutter-release button is pressed halfway
A15), the camera sets focus and exposure (shutter
speed and aperture value).
The focus and exposure remain locked while the
shutter-release button is pressed halfway.
• The camera automatically focuses on the subject in the
center focus area. When the subject is in focus, the
focus area lights in green.
• When the digital zoom is in effect, the camera focuses on the subject at the center of
the screen, and the focus area is not displayed. When the subject is in focus, the focus
A8) lights in green.
• When the shutter-release button is pressed halfway and the focus area or the focus
indicator blinks red, the camera is unable to focus. Change the composition and press
the shutter-release button halfway again.
Press the shutter-release button the rest of the
• The shutter is released and the picture is recorded to
the memory card or internal memory.
When the Subject Is Close to the Camera
If the camera cannot focus, try shooting with
p (macro close-up) in the focus mode (A40) or the
Close-up scene mode (