Threading the top thread – SINGER 7256 FASHION MATE Instruction Manual User Manual
B. Turn the hand wheel toward you until the needle is in its
THREADING THE TOP THREAD
A. Raise the presser foot lifter. Always be sure to raise the
presser foot lifter before threading the top thread. (If the
presser foot lifter is not raised, correct thread tension
cannot be obtained.)
C. Thread the machine with your left hand while firmly gripping
the thread with your right hand in the following order as
* Guide the thread through thread guide (1), and then pull
it into the pre-tension guide (2).
* Pull the thread into the tension discs (which are located
inside the machine) by first passing the thread to the left
of plate (2). Then guide the thread to the bottom of the
* Do a U-turn around the inside of the tab (3).
* Pass the thread through the thread take-up (4) from right
* Pull the thread into the inside of the take-up lever until it
reaches the eye of the lever.
* Guide the thread into the thread guide (5).
* Pass the thread through the eye of the needle (6) from
front to back. (See following page for instructions on
operation of the Automatic Needle Threader.)
To verify that the machine is threaded
properly in the tension discs, do this simple
1.) With the presser foot raised and the
needle unthreaded, pull the thread. You
should detect only a slight resistance
and little or no deflection of the needle.
2.) Now lower the presser foot and again
pull the thread towards the back of the
machine. This time you should detect a
considerable amount of resistance and
much more deflection of the needle.
If you do not detect the resistance,
this means you have not threaded the
machine correctly and need to rethread