Third-party license agreements – Kofax Export Connector for ERP 2.4.9 User Manual
Kofax Export Connector for ERP Installation Guide
Third-Party License Agreements
BEA Public License Version 2.1
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
▪ “License” shall mean the terms and conditions of this agreement.
▪ “Licensor” shall mean BEA Systems, Inc.
▪ “Legal Entity” shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other entities that
control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the
purposes of this definition, “control” means
(i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity,
whether by contract or otherwise, or
(ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or
(iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
▪ “You” (or “Your”) shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions
granted by this License, including but not limited to each Contributor other than
Licensor in such Contributor’s role as a licensee for the Software.
▪ “Source Format” shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including
but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
▪ “Object Format” shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or
translation of a Source Format, including but not limited to compiled object code,
generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
▪ “Software” shall mean the original version of the software accompanying this
agreement as released by BEA, including in Source or Object Format, and also any
documentation provided therewith.
▪ “Derivative Works” shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object Format, that
is based on (or derived from) the Software and for which the editorial revisions,
annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original
work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not
include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the
interfaces of, the Software and derivative works thereof.
▪ “Contribution” shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version
of the Software and any modifications or additions to that Software or Derivative
Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Software
by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on
behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, “submitted” means
any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its
representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists,
source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on
behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Software, but