Rolled and narrow edge, Rolled edge, Narrow edge – SINGER WSL1634 User Manual
Page 25: Rolled and narrow edge -24
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
ROLLED AND NARROW EDGE
To carry out either of the above sewing tasks proceed as follows.
(1) Refer to page 22 for special foot position setting.
(2) Turn the handwheel toward you until needles are fully raised.
(3t Open front cover
remover left needle. See page 19.
(4) Set stitch length between 1.0-2.0 mm. See page 17. Also ensure that differential control is set at
(5) Adjust stitch width, as shown on page 18.
(6) If not already threaded re-thread the machine.
(7) Place fabric under presser foot and start to sew.
Always test the stitch and tension settings on scrap fabric before sewing on
When either Rolled or Narrow hemming, we recommend you change the threads as shown on
ALWAYS remember to re-set the special foot for normal serging after you have finished your rolled
[ ROLLED EDGE ]
With a rolled edge the loops formed by the
upper looper thread should be pulled to the
underside of the fabric. This is done by setting
the tensions as shown on page 24.
[ NARROW EDGE ]
For seams on sheer or lightweight fabrics, set
tensions as shown on page 24 for a balanced