Oven operation, Baking and roasting, Oven operation -12 – Maytag MER4530 User Manual
Page 10: Oven operation cautions
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
^^Oven Operation CAUTIONS:
• Be sure all packing material is removed from oven
before turning on.
• Do not use oven for storing food or cookware.
• Many aerosol-type spray cans are EXPLOSIVE when
exposed to heat and may be highly flammable. Avoid
their use or storage near the oven.
• Prepared Food Warning:
Follow food manufacturer’s
instructions. If a plastic frozen food container and/or its
cover distorts, warps, or is otherwise damaged during
cooking, immediately discard the food and its container.
The food could be contaminated.
• Follow the manufacturer’s directions when using oven
• When oven is in use, the area near the oven vent may feel
hot to the touch.
• Allow steam and hot air to escape before reaching into the
oven to check, add or remove food.
Baking and Roasting
For additional baking and roasting tips, see
“Cooking Made Simple”
Settinq the Electronic Oven Controls
for B^ing and Roasting (select models)
Press BAKE pad.
• 000 and the BAKE indicator light will appear in the
• If you press the BAKE pad and do not set an oven
temperature within 30 seconds, the program will
automatically cancel and the time of day will
reappear in the display.
2. Press the
pad until the desired oven temperature
• The oven temperature can be set from 170° to
• 350° will appear in the display when either
pad is pressed once.
• Press and tap the
or ▼ pad to change the oven
temperature by 5° increments or press and
pad to change the oven temperature by 10°
• The temperature in the display will increase in
5° increments until the preset temperature is
reached. A single beep will sound when the
oven is preheated.
• Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the oven to preheat.
• To recall the preset temperature during preheat,
press the BAKE pad. The temperature will be
displayed for three seconds.
• To change the oven temperature during
cooking, press the
pad until the desired
temperature is displayed.
3. Place the food in the oven. Check food for doneness at
the minimum cooking time.
4. At the end of cooking, press the CANCEL pad to turn
the oven off and remove the food from the oven.
• The oven features an automatic shut-off. If the
oven is left on for 12 hours it will automati
cally turn off and 000 will appear in hte
display. Press the CANCEL pad and the time
of day will reappear in the display.