Cleaning chart, Continued – Maytag MER4530 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• Avoid using excessive amounts of water which may seep under or behind glass.
• Wash with soap and water or glass cleaner. Remove stubborn soil with a nonabrasive
cleaner such as Bon Ami and water. Rinse with clear water and dry.
• Do not use abrasive materials such as scouring pads, steel wool or powdered cleaning
agents. They will damage glass.
• Wash with soap and water, a glass cleaner, or mild liquid sprays.
• To prevent scratching or dulling of the finish, do not use mildly abrasive, abrasive, harsh or
caustic cleaners such as oven cleaners.
• Clean frequently using mild abrasive cleaners and a plastic pad.
• Do not use metallic scouring pads because they will scratch the surface.
• When using commercial oven cleaners follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Wipe up acid spills (tomato or milk based foods) as soon as possible with soap and water.
If the spill is not wiped up, it may discolor the porcelain.
To make cleaning easier, remove the oven door, if desired (see Maintenance section,
* Clean with soapy water.
• Remove stubborn soil with cleansing powder or soap-filled scouring pad. Rinse and dry.
• When cool, clean with soap and water, rinse and dry.
• Use a glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
NOTE: Never use oven cleaners, abrasive or caustic liquid or powdered cleansers on plastic
finishes. These cleaning agents will scratch or mar finish.
NOTE: To prevent staining or discoloration, wipe up fat, grease or acid (tomato, lemon,
vinegar, milk, fruit juice, marinade) immediately with a dry paper towel or cloth.