Important safety instructions – Marantz SR4023 User Manual
Additional Safety Information!
• This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper
ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
• Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects fi lled with liquids, such as
vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
• When the switch is in the OFF position, the apparatus isn’t completely switched-off from the MAINS.
• The equipment shall be installed near the power supply so that the power supply is easily accessible.
• Do not touch hot spots during and immediately after use.
• During and immediately after use, this product is hot in areas other than the controls and rear panel
connection jacks. Do not touch hot spots and especially the top panel. Contact with hot areas can cause
• Do not expose the unit and batteries to excessive heat such as direct sunlight, fi re or the like.
• Make a space of about 8 inchs (0.2 m) around the unit.
READ BEFORE OPERATING EQUIPMENT
This product was designed and manufactured to meet strict quality and safety standards.
There are, however, some installation and operation precautions which you should be particularly aware of.
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacture's instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus
(including amplifi ers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two
blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fi t
into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specifi ed by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specifi ed by the manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid
injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualifi ed service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been
damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or
objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not
operate normally, or has been dropped.