Marantz SR4023 User Manual
OPERATION OF REMOTE CONTROLLER
Operate the remote controller within a distance of
approx. 5m from the infrared receptor window on the
front of the unit.
Approx. 5 m
• Do not allow direct sunlight, an inverter fl uorescent
light or other strong source of light to shine onto
the player’s infrared receptor window. Otherwise,
the operation of the remote controller may be
• Bear in mind that operating the remote controller
may cause other devices operated by infrared rays
to be operated by mistake.
• The remote controller cannot be operated if the
space between the controller and the player’s
infrared receptor window is obstructed.
• Do not place any objects on top of the remote
Doing so may cause one or more buttons to be
held down which will cause the batteries to run
Before using the remote controller for the fi rst time,
load the batteries in the remote controller. The
batteries provided are used to verify the operations
of the remote controller only.
Remove the battery cover.
Load the two new size “AAA” batteries inside
the battery compartment while taking care to
align their polarities correctly with the polarity
Close the battery cover until it clicks shut.
CAUTIONS ON BATTERIES
• Use “AAA” type batteries in this remote controller.
• We recommend that you use alkali batteries.
• If the remote controller does not operate from
close to the unit, replace the batteries with new
ones, even if less then a year has passed.
• The included battery is only for verifying operation.
Replace it with a new battery as soon as possible.
• When inserting the batteries, be careful to do so in
the proper direction, following the + and - marks in
the remote controller’s battery compartment.
• To prevent damage or battery fl uid leakage:
- Do not use a new battery with an old one.
- Do not use two different types of batteries.
- Do not short-circuit, disassemble, heat or
dispose of batteries in fl ames.
• Remove the batteries when not planning to use the
remote controller for a long period of time.
• If the batteries should leak, carefully wipe off the
fl uid from the inside of the battery compartment,
then insert new batteries.
• When disposing of used batteries, please comply
with governmental regulations or environmental
public instruction’s rules that apply in your country