Section i safety precautions, Safety precautions – Maytag MDG30MNV User Manual
113307 - 7
WARNING: For your safety, the information in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk of
fire or explosion or to prevent property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
WARNING: The dryer must never be operated with any of the back guards, outer tops, or
service panels removed. PERSONAL INJURY OR FIRE COULD RESULT.
1. DO NOT store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other
2. Purchaser and user should consult the local gas supplier for proper instructions to be followed in the event
the user smells gas. The instructions should be posted in a prominent location.
3. WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
a. DO NOT try to light any appliance.
b. DO NOT touch any electrical switch.
c. DO NOT use any phone in your building.
d. Clear the room, building, or area of ALL occupants.
e. Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor’s phone. Follow the gas supplier’s instructions.
f. If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
4. Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency, or gas supplier.
5. Dryers must be exhausted to the outdoors.
6. Although Maytag produces a very versatile dryer, there are some articles that, due to fabric composition or
cleaning method, should not be dried in it.
WARNING: Dry only water washed fabrics. DO NOT dry articles spotted or washed in dry
cleaning solvents, a combustible detergent, or “all purpose” cleaner.
EXPLOSION COULD RESULT.
WARNING: DO NOT dry rags or articles coated or contaminated with gasoline, kerosene, oil, paint,
or wax. EXPLOSION COULD RESULT.
IMPORTANT: Dryer must be installed in a location/environment, which the ambient
temperature remains between 40° F (4.44° C) and 130° F (54.44° C).
WARNING: DO NOT dry mop heads. Contamination by wax or flammable solvents will create a