Oven cooking, Broiling, Upper oven only) – Maytag MGR6751BDW User Manual
Page 13: Broiling chart
(upper oven only)
To set Broil:
1. Press the Broil pad.
• “Broil” and “SEt” flash in the display.
2. Press the More+ or Less- pad once to set HI broil. Press
the More+ or Less- pad twice to set LO broil.
• HI or LO will be displayed.
• Select HI broil (550° F) for normal broiling. Select
LO broil (450° F) for low-temperature broiling of longer
cooking foods such as poultry.
3. After four seconds, the oven will start.
• “Broil” and HI or LO will remain lit.
4. For optimum browning, preheat broil burner for five
minutes before adding food.
5. Place food in the oven. Close oven door.
6. Most meat should be turned once about halfway through
Steak, 1” thick,
8 - 14 (medium)
4 oz. Hamburgers, 3/4” thick (up to 12)
15 - 19 (well)
4 oz. Hamburgers, 3/4” thick (up to 6)
12 - 15 (well)
Bone-in, skin-on breast
25 - 35
8 - 11
Steaks, 1” thick
10 - 15
Chops, 1” thick
18 - 25
1 - 4
Broiling Chart -
Broil times are based on a five minute preheat.
* When broiling fish, spray broil pan insert with cooking oil. Do not turn fish filets.
** Broiling times are approximate and may vary depending on the thickness of the food. Turn meat halfway through cooking times.
• For best results when broiling, use a two-piece broiler
• HI broil is used for most broiling. Use LO broil when
broiling longer cooking foods to allow them to cook to
well done stage without excessive browning.
• Broil times may be longer when the LO broil temperature
• Never cover broiler pan insert with aluminum foil. This
prevents fat from draining to the pan below.
• Broiling can be done on the oven rack or remove oven
rack and place broiler pan on the oven bottom.
• If more than 30 seconds elapse between pressing the
Broil pad and the More+ or Less- pad, the oven will not
be set and the display will return to the previous display.
• Most foods should be turned halfway through broiling
• For a browned/seared exterior and rare interior, it may be
necessary to decrease cook time on side one.
7. When food is cooked, press the CANCEL pad.
Remove food and broiler pan from the oven.
• The time of day will reappear in the display.