Oven cooking, Broiling, Broiling chart – Maytag MGR5775QDW User Manual
Page 14: Caution
To set Broil:
1. To begin, press the Broil pad.
• BROIL flashes.
• SEt is displayed.
2. Press the More+ pad to set HI broil or press the Less-
pad to set LO broil.
• HI or LO will be displayed.
• Select HI broil (550° F) for normal broiling. Select
LO broil (450° F) for low-temperature broiling of longer
cooking foods such as poultry.
3. After four seconds, the oven will start.
• BROIL will remain lit.
• For best results when broiling, use a pan designed for
• HI is used for most broiling. Use LO broil when broiling
longer cooking foods. The lower temperature allows
food to cook to the well done stage without excessive
• To change oven temperature during broiling, press
the Broil pad and then the More+ or Less- pad to
switch between LO and HI broil.
• Broil times may be longer when the lower broiling
temperature is selected.
• Most foods should be turned halfway through broiling
4. For optimum browning, preheat for 2-3 minutes before
5. Place food in the oven. Close oven door.
6. Turn meat once about halfway through
7. When food is cooked, press the CANCEL
pad. Remove food and broiler pan from the
• The time of day will reappear in the display.
Steaks, 1” thick
Hamburger Patties, 3/4” thick
5 or 6
Ham, precooked 1/2” slice
Chops, 1” thick
Chicken Breasts, bone-in
30-45 min. (Lo Broil)
Seafood Fish filets
Fish steaks, 1” thick
Lobster tails, 3-4 oz. each
Preheat oven for 2-3 minutes.
For a browned/seared exterior and rare interior, it may be necessary to decrease cook time on side one and decrease the distance
between the meat and heat source.
Note: This chart is a suggested guide. The times may vary with the food being cooked.
Use CAUTION when cooking with the Broil feature. The
grease from fatty foods may ignite. If a fire should occur, close
the oven door and turn the oven OFF. If the fire does not
extinquish, DO NOT put water on the fire. Use baking soda,
dry chemical or fire extinguisher to smother the fire.