Oven cooking, Automatic shut-off/ sabbath mode, Changing temp – Maytag MGR5775QDW User Manual
The oven will automatically turn off after 12 hours if you
accidentally leave it on. This safety feature can be turned off.
To cancel the 12-hour shut-off and run the
oven continuously for 72 hours:
1. Set the oven to bake (see page 10).
2. Press and hold the Clock pad for five seconds.
• SAb will be displayed and flash for five seconds.
• SAb will then be displayed continuously until turned off
or until the 72-hour time limit is reached.
• BAKE will also be displayed if a bake cycle is in use
while the oven is in Sabbath Mode.
• BAKE is the only function that operates during the
Sabbath Mode. All other functions (Timer, Keep Warm,
Clean, etc.) are locked out during the Sabbath Mode.
To cancel Bake when in Sabbath Mode:
• BAKE will turn off in the display.
• No beeps will sound.
To cancel the Sabbath Mode:
1. Press the CLOCK pad for five seconds.
2. After 72 hours, the Sabbath Mode will end.
• SAb will flash for 5 seconds.
• The time of day will return to the display.
Sabbath Mode Notes:
• Sabbath Mode can be turned on at any time with or
without the oven on.
• Sabbath Mode cannot be turned on if the touchpads are
locked out or when the door is locked.
• If the oven is baking when Sabbath Mode is set, BAKE
will go out at the end of the baking cycle. There will be
no audible beeps.
• If the oven light is desired while in Sabbath Mode, it
must be turned on before the Sabbath Mode is started.
• When the Sabbath Mode is started, no preheat beep will
• All prompts, messages and beeps are deactivated when
Sabbath Mode is active.
• The automatic door lock does not operate during the
• Pressing CANCEL will cancel a bake cycle, however the
control will stay in the Sabbath Mode.
• If power fails, the oven will power up in Sabbath Mode
with 72 hours remaining and no cycle active.
1. The factory default setting for temperature is Fahrenheit.
2. To change the setting, press and hold the CANCEL and Bake
pads at the same time for three seconds.
3. A single beep will sound and the current setting will be
displayed (°F or °C). (If no change is made, the range will
return to the existing setting after 30 seconds.)
4. To change the setting, press the More+ or Less- pad. Press
again to return to existing setting. Wait five seconds and the
setting will be complete.