Maintenance, Oven door, Oven window – Maytag MGR5775QDW User Manual
Page 23: Oven light electrical connection, Leveling legs, Caution
Do not place excessive weight on or stand on an open
oven door. This could cause the range to tip over, break
the door, or injure the user.
To protect the oven door window:
1. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents such as steel wool
scouring pads or powdered cleansers as they may scratch
2. Do not hit the glass with pots, pans, furniture, toys, or other
3. Do not close the oven door until the oven racks are in
Scratching, hitting, jarring or stressing the glass may weaken
its structure causing an increased risk of breakage at a later
Appliances which require electrical power
are equipped with a three-prong
grounding plug which must be plugged
directly into a properly grounded three-
hole 120 volt electrical outlet.
Always disconnect power to appliance before servicing.
The three-prong grounding plug offers protection against
shock hazards. DO NOT CUT OR REMOVE THE THIRD
GROUNDING PRONG FROM THE POWER CORD PLUG.
If an ungrounded, two-hole or other type electrical outlet is
encountered, it is the personal responsibility of the
appliance owner to have the outlet replaced with a
properly grounded three-hole electrical outlet.
Note: The oven door on a new range may feel “spongy”
when it is closed. This is normal and will decrease with use.
Be sure the anti-tip bracket secures one of the rear
leveling legs to the floor. This bracket prevents the range
from accidentally tipping.
Be sure the range is leveled when installed. If
the range is not level, turn the leveling legs,
located at each corner of the range, until
range is level.
• Disconnect power to range before replacing light bulb.
• Allow oven to cool before replacing light bulb.
• Make sure bulb cover and bulb are cool before touching.
To replace oven light bulb:
1. When oven is cool, hold bulb cover
in place, then slide wire retainer
off cover. Note: Bulb cover
will fall if not held in place
while removing wire retainer.
2. Remove bulb cover and light
3. Replace with a 40-watt appliance bulb.
4. Replace bulb cover and secure with wire retainer.
5. Reconnect power to range. Reset clock.