3 using the cd-rom manual, 3-1 cd-rom system requirements, 3-2 preparations – Sony HDW-S280 User Manual
Page 12: 3-3 reading the cd-rom manual, Using the cd-rom manual, Cd-rom system requirements, Preparations, Reading the cd-rom manual
Using the CD-ROM Manual
1-3 Using the CD-ROM
The supplied CD-ROM includes versions of the Operation
Manual for the HDW-S280 (Japanese, English, French,
and German versions).
1-3-1 CD-ROM System
The following are required to access the supplied CD-
• Computer: PC with Intel Pentium CPU
−Installed memory: 64 MB or more
−CD-ROM drive: ×8 or faster
• Monitor: Monitor supporting resolution of 800
× 600 or
• Operating system: Microsoft Windows Millennium
Edition, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows XP
Professional or Windows XP Home Edition
When these requirements are not met, access to the CD-
ROM disc may be slow, or not possible at all.
One of the following programs must be installed on your
computer in order to use the operation manuals contained
on the CD-ROM disc.
• Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.0 or higher
• Adobe Reader Version 6.0 or higher
If Adobe Reader is not installed, you can download it from
the following URL:
1-3-3 Reading the CD-ROM Manual
To read the operation manual contained on the CD-ROM
disc, do the following:
Insert the CD-ROM disc in your CD-ROM drive.
A cover page appears automatically in your browser.
If it does not appear automatically in the browser,
double-click the index.htm file on the CD-ROM disc.
Select and click the operation manual that you want to
This opens the PDF file of the operation manual.
If you lose the CD-ROM disc or become unable to read its
content, for example because of a hardware failure, you can
do one of the following:
• You can purchase a new CD-ROM disc to replace one
that has been lost or damaged. Contact your Sony service
• You can purchase printed versions of the operation
manuals (English version). Contact your Sony service
When ordering, be sure to specify the part number of the
manual you want.
• Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its
subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
• Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
• Adobe, Acrobat, and Adobe Reader are trademarks of Adobe Systems
Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.