Replacing the projection lamp – Knoll Systems HD272 User Manual
Replacing the projection lamp
The lamp hour timer in the About menu counts the number of hours the lamp has been in use. After 1980
hours, the message “Change lamp” briefly appears on the screen at each startup. To maintain optimal video
performance, we recommend changing the lamp after 2000 hours, depending on usage. You can order new
lamp modules from your dealer.
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the power cable.
2. Wait 60 minutes to allow the projector to cool thoroughly.
3. Turn the projector upside down and remove the lamp door by
removing the two screws and sliding the lamp door tabs out of
the three tab bays.
CAUTION: Never operate the projector with the lamp door
removed. This disrupts the air flow and causes the projector
4. Loosen the captive screw on the lamp module.
To avoid burns, allow the projector to cool for at least 60 minutes before you replace the lamp.
Do not drop the lamp module. The glass may shatter and cause injury.
Do not touch the glass lamp screen. Fingerprints can obscure projection sharpness.
Be extremely careful when removing the lamp module. In the unlikely event that the lamp ruptures, small
glass fragments may be generated. The lamp module is designed to contain most of these fragments,
but use caution when removing it.
5. Carefully remove the lamp module by grasping and lifting the metal bail wire. Dispose of the lamp in an
environmentally proper manner.
6. Install the new lamp module, making sure that it is properly seated.