Maintenance cleaning the spa, Caution, Winterizing the system – Pentair EasyTouch Pool/Spa Control System LX-100EZ User Manual
Page 28: Hand-held remote battery replacement
Rev. F 3-26-04
CLEANING THE SPA
For cleaning or maintenance purposes, it is possible to use the Control System to automatically empty your spa and
then to refill with clean water from the Pool.
At the Power Center:
1. Set the SPA Service Switch to “DRAIN” position.
2. Set the FILTER Service Switch to the “ON” position. The Spa will begin to drain into the Pool.
3. Before the Spa has completely drained, set the FILTER Service Switch to the “OFF” position. Do not
drain the Spa completely or prime will be lost.
4. When cleaning or spa maintenance is complete, set the SPA Service Switch to the “FILL” position and
the FILTER Service Switch to the “ON” position. The Spa will begin to fill with clean water from the
5. When the water level in the Spa has returned to normal, return the SPA Service Switch and the FILTER
Service Switch to the “AUTO” position.
Do not leave the equipment unattended when draining or filling the Spa.
WINTERIZING THE SYSTEM
During the winter season, it is possible to partially drain your Swimming Pool and disable the pool equipment, but still
be able to use your Spa.
Consult a qualified Service Company to drain the Pool and protect the plumbing from freeze damage.
The following procedure will disable the pool equipment:
1. With the Hand-held Remote, press Push-button SPA “ON” (to turn the Spa on).
2. At the motorized valves, flip toggle switch on rear of Valve Actuators to the “OFF” position.
3. With the Hand-held Remote, press Push-button SPA “OFF” (to turn the Spa off).
4. At the LX-100 RF Power/Load Center, set the FILTER Service Switch to the “OFF” position (to
disable the Time Clock) or, if daily Spa filtration is required, leave the FILTER Service Switch in the
“AUTO” position and program the FILTER PUMP Time Clock accordingly.
If your Control System incorporates a Recirculating Freeze Sensor, it may not be necessary to winterize the pool.
It is however recommended that all Freeze Sensors be tested by an authorized Serviceperson before the onset of the
Testing can be accomplished by placing the Sensor in a glass of ice water, and turning the FILTER Service Switch to
the “OFF” position. If the Sensor is functioning correctly, the filter pump should turn on within ten minutes. This test
should also be conducted on any Auxiliary Freeze Sensors which may have been added for the jet pump or auxiliary
HAND-HELD REMOTE BATTERY REPLACEMENT
With normal use the battery should last for several years. In the event the battery must be replaced, slide the battery
cover from the bottom of the Hand-held Remote. Slide battery from retainer clip and discard in accordance with local
and/or state ordinances. Replace with 3V lithium battery number CR2032 or equivalent. Slide battery cover onto
remote and snap in place.