Care and cleaning – ZANKER KBU 12401 DK User Manual
• do cover or wrap the food, particularly if it has a
• position food so that air can circulate freely around it
Hints for refrigeration
Meat (all types) : wrap in polythene bags and place on
the glass shelf above the vegetable drawer.
For safety, store in this way only one or two days at the
Cooked foods, cold dishes, etc..: these should be cov-
ered and may be placed on any shelf.
Fruit and vegetables: these should be thoroughly
cleaned and placed in the special drawer(s) provided.
Butter and cheese: these should be placed in special
airtight containers or wrapped in aluminium foil or poly-
thene bags to exclude as much air as possible.
Milk bottles: these should have a cap and should be
stored in the bottle rack on the door.
Bananas, potatoes, onions and garlic, if not packed,
must not be kept in the refrigerator.
Hints for freezing
To help you make the most of the freezing process,
here are some important hints:
• the maximum quantity of food which can be frozen in
24 hrs. is shown on the rating plate;
• the freezing process takes 24 hours. No further food
to be frozen should be added during this period;
• only freeze top quality, fresh and thoroughly cleaned,
• prepare food in small portions to enable it to be rap-
idly and completely frozen and to make it possible
subsequently to thaw only the quantity required;
• wrap up the food in aluminium foil or polythene and
make sure that the packages are airtight;
• do not allow fresh, unfrozen food to touch food which
is already frozen, thus avoiding a rise in temperature
of the latter;
• lean foods store better and longer than fatty ones;
salt reduces the storage life of food;
• water ices, if consumed immediately after removal
from the freezer compartment, can possibly cause
the skin to be freeze burnt;
• it is advisable to show the freezing in date on each
individual pack to enable you to keep tab of the stor-
Hints for storage of frozen food
To obtain the best performance from this appliance,
• make sure that the commercially frozen foodstuffs
were adequately stored by the retailer;
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are transferred from
the foodstore to the freezer in the shortest possible
• not open the door frequently or leave it open longer
than absolutely necessary;
• once defrosted, food deteriorates rapidly and cannot
• do not exceed the storage period indicated by the
Care and cleaning
Caution! Unplug the appliance before carrying
out any maintenance operation.
This appliance contains hydrocarbons in its cool-
ing unit; maintenance and recharging must there-
fore only be carried out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
• clean the inside and accessories with warm water
and bicarbonate of soda (5 ml to 0,5 liter of water)
• regularly check the door seals and wipe clean to en-
sure they are clean and free from debris
• rinse and dry thoroughly.
Important! Do not pull, move or damage any pipes
and/or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders, highly
perfumed cleaning products or wax polishes to clean
the interior as this will damage the surface and leave a
Once a year remove the ventilation grill at the base of
the appliance and clean the air channels with a vacuum