Installation and setup for quicklink mobile – UTStarcom UM100C User Manual
To use the UM100C, you should install the software included in the installation CD
and configure the UM100C USB device. See the next section for more information
on software installation and USB device configuration.
2. INSTALLATION AND SETUP FOR QUICKLINK MOBILE
This section will guide you through the installation and setup process for QuickLink
Mobile. Before getting started, you should become familiar with the documentation
that came with your USB Modem.
1. If you purchased a USB Modem, there is only one CD that contains QuickLink
Mobile and the USB Modem drivers.
To install QuickLink Mobile:
1. Turn on your computer then close all applications.
2. Insert the CD-ROM into your CD drive.
3. If set up does not automatically start, click the Start button on the taskbar then
choose Run. Type D:\Start (where D is the letter of your CD-ROM drive) then
4. Follow the steps in the next section.
* QuickLink Mobile software must be installed before you insert the USB
Modem in to the computer for the first time. Only after the software has been
installed can Windows successfully install and configure the USB Modem.