Channel settings – Sony KDL-52XBR7 User Manual
For receiving cable channels via cable TV provider.
For receiving signal via over-the-air antenna.
• You should run Auto Program after changing the Signal Type setting.
Automatically sets the channel list in the TV for all receivable channels. Channel scanning
will be based on the Signal Type (Cable/Antenna) setting.
Select Auto Program.
Select OK to start Auto Program. When Auto Program is completed, the screen
will display the number of channels found.
Press RETURN to exit Auto Program.
• Running Auto Program will clear the Favorites channel list for the current signal
• If you run Auto Program again, previously scanned channels will be overwritten with
the newly scanned channels.
Add Digital Channels
Select to add digital channels. Be sure to have the Signal Type option selected
appropriately for the signal source. (Useful for antenna installations.)
Allows you to show or hide channels when you surf with the CH +/– button or in the TV
channel list on the XMB
V/v to scroll through the channels until you highlight the channel to show or
to select Shown or Hidden.
To show or hide more channels, repeat steps 1-2.
• Hidden channels can be accessed by entering the channel number with 0-9 buttons on
the remote control.
Edit Channel Labels
Assigns labels (such as station call letters) to channel numbers.
V/v to scroll through the channel numbers. Then press
to select the channel
number to assign a label.
V/v to scroll through the label characters (A-Z, 0-9, etc.). Press b to move to
the next character. Repeat to add up to 7 characters to the label. Press
to set it.
To assign labels to more channels, repeat steps 1-2.
• This feature is not available when using the TV Guide On Screen system.