Getting started, Installing the tv, Carrying the tv – Sony KDL-52XBR7 User Manual
Page 6: Preparation for wall-mount bracket, Carrying the tv preparation for wall-mount bracket
1. Installing the TV
This TV can be mounted on a wall using a Wall-
Mount Bracket or placed on a TV stand (each sold
separately). This section will explain:
• How to carry the TV
• Preparation for a Table-Top stand
• Preparation for a Wall-Mount Bracket
• Installation against a wall or enclosed area
• Bundling the connecting cables
• Securing the TV
Be sure to follow these guidelines to protect your
property and avoid causing serious injury.
• Before carrying the TV, disconnect all cables.
• Carrying the large size TV requires two or more
• When carrying the TV, place your hand as
illustrated and hold it securely. Do not subject the
TV to shocks, vibration, or excessive force.
• Lift the TV by placing your palm directly
underneath the panel but do not put stress on the
• Be sure to hold the bottom of the panel, and not
the transparent part, speaker, or speaker grill
area. Do not compress the panel's speaker grill
• Do not lift the TV from the bottom center.
• For product protection and safety reasons,
Sony strongly recommends that you use the
Wall-Mount Bracket model designed for your
TV and the wall-mounting of your TV should
be performed by a Sony dealer or licensed
• Sufficient expertise is required in installing this
TV, especially to determine the strength of the
wall for withstanding the TV’s weight.
• Be sure to use the screws supplied with the Wall-
Mount Bracket when attaching the mounting
hooks to the TV set.
The supplied M6 screws are designed so that they
are 8 mm to 12 mm in length when measured
from the attaching surface of the mounting hook.
The diameter and length of the screws differ
depending on the Wall-Mount Bracket model.
Use of screws other than those supplied may
result in internal damage to the TV set or cause it
to fall, etc.
• Be sure to store the unused screws and Table-Top
Stand in a safe place until you are ready to attach
the Table-Top Stand. Keep the screws away from
For details on how to use the Wall-Mount Bracket
compatible with your model, visit
Or call 1-800-488-7669 (for United States)
1-877-899-7669 (for Canada)
Carrying the TV
Preparation for Wall-Mount Bracket
M6 screw (supplied with the Wall-Mount
Rear of the TV set