Cleaning and oiling the shuttle – SINGER W612 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
CLEANING AND OILING THE SHUTTLE
(See Fig. 55 and 56)
The stitch forming mechanism occasionally becomes
clogged with loose threads and lint. This will interfere with
the efficient operation of the machine. Cleaning and
removal of the lint will safeguard the performance.
To remove the shuttle assembly, proceed as follows;
1. Turn the balance wheel until the needle reaches its
highest position. Tilt head back on its hinges.
2. Remove bobbin case.
3. Turn the two shuttle race cover clamps (B) outward
and remove the shuttle race cover (C) and the shuttle
clean the shuttle race, the shuttle, and shuttle race
cover by removing all threads, lint, etc.
When the cleaning has been completed, proceed as
follows to replace the shuttle assembly;
1 Turn the balance wheel until the needle reaches its
2. Place shuttle body, (D), in race against shuttle driver and adiust into position.
3 Replace shuttle race cover, (C), fitting pin at lower edge into notch, and lock into po
' with shuttle race cover clamps, (B), making certain the clamps have been snapped sec
4. Put bobbin into bobbin case.
5. Put the bobbin case into the shuttle, fitting tongue into notch E of race cover.