Connecting to the capture app, Connect your camera to capture. for details, see, Connecting to the – GoPro Hero 5 Black User Manual
Page 18: Capture app, Using your camera with an hdtv
CONNECTING TO THE APP FOR THE FIRST TIME
The Capture app lets you control your camera remotely using a smartphone
or tablet. Features include full camera control, live preview, playback and
sharing of content, and camera software updates.
1. Download Capture to your mobile device from the Apple
or Google Play
2. Follow the app's on-screen instructions to connect your camera.
CONNECTING TO THE APP IN THE FUTURE
After connecting to the Capture app for the first time, you can connect in
the future through the Connect menu on the camera.
1. If your camera’s wireless is not already turned on, swipe down, then tap
Connect > Wireless Connections.
2. In the Capture app, follow the on-screen instructions to connect
CONNECTING TO THE CAPTURE APP
CAPTURING VIDEO AND PHOTOS WHILE CONNECTED TO AN HDTV
This option lets you see the live preview from your camera when it is
connected to an HDTV or monitor.
1. Power on the camera.
2. Tap Preferences > HDMI Output, then select one of these options:
• To display your camera’s live preview with the icons from the touch
display, tap Monitor.
• To display your camera’s live preview on the HDTV without the icons
or overlays that you see during recording on the camera’s touch
display, tap Live.
3. Use a micro HDMI cable to connect the HDMI port on the camera to
4. Select the HDMI input on your TV.
5. Use the Shutter button [
] on the camera to start and
USING YOUR CAMERA WITH AN HDTV