Maintenance, Maintenance removing the side door – GoPro Hero 5 Black User Manual
Follow these guidelines to get the best performance from your camera:
• The camera is waterproof to 33’ (10m)—no housing needed. Ensure
that the doors are closed before using the camera in or around water,
dirt, or sand.
• Before closing the doors, be sure the seals are free of debris. If needed,
clean with a cloth.
• Before opening the doors, be sure the camera is free of water or debris.
If needed, rinse the camera with fresh water and dry it with a cloth.
• If sand or debris hardens around the doors, soak the camera in warm
tap water for 15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly to remove the
debris before opening the doors.
• In wet environments, dry the touch display with a soft cloth so that it
registers your touch.
• For best audio performance, shake the camera or blow on the mic
to remove water and debris from the microphone holes. To prevent
damage to the internal waterproof membranes, do not use compressed
air to blow into the mic holes.
• After every use in salt water, rinse the camera with fresh water, and
dry with a soft cloth.
• To clean the lens, wipe it with a soft, lint-free cloth. If debris becomes
lodged between the lens and the trim ring, flush it out with water or air.
Do not insert foreign objects around the lens.
REMOVING THE SIDE DOOR
REATTACHING THE SIDE DOOR
1. Hold down the Latch Release button and extend the tab on the door.
2. Press the tab onto the small silver bar.