Setting up windows – Sharp PC-MM1 User Manual
Setting Up Windows
The steps in the setup process are as follows:
Configuring your location, language and keyboard type
Configuring your time zone
Accepting license agreement
Naming your computer
Creating an account
To setup Windows, follow the instructions on the screen. See also the Windows
manual. It takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete the entire setup process.
• Do not turn off your computer until completing Windows setup. If you
turn it off, you cannot set up Windows later.
• Be sure to connect your computer to AC power source. An
undercharged battery may not be able to complete the Windows XP
• Do not connect any peripheral devices to your computer until
Windows setup completes. Otherwise your computer may malfunction.
• If the display turns off, some power management may function. In this
case, press any key to resume your computer from the power
• If you cannot operate the keyboard or the touch pad, press the power
button for more than four seconds to turn off your computer. Be sure
that the power indicator turns off; then, after more than 10 seconds,
press the power button to turn it on again.
After completing Windows setup:
• Confirm Time Zone is correctly selected and set the date and time by double-
clicking the time appearing on the right of the taskbar to open Date and Time
Properties dialog box
• Press Fn + F1 ( ) keys to activate the integrated antenna for Wireless LAN