Yamaha BLASTER YFS200N User Manual
Long term storage (60 days or more) of your
machine will require some preventive proce-
dures to guard against deterioration. After thor-
oughly cleaning the machine, prepare for stor-
age as follows:
1. Fill the fuel tank with fresh fuel and add the
specified amount of Yamaha Fuel
Stabilizer and Conditioner or an equivalent
Use of fuel stabilizer and conditioner eliminates
the need to drain the fuel system. Consult a
Yamaha dealer if the fuel system needs to be
2. Remove the spark plug, pour about one
tablespoon of SAE 10W30 or 20W40
motor oil in the spark plug hole and rein-
stall the spark plug. Ground the spark plug
wire and turn the engine over several times
to coat the cylinder wall with oil.
3. Clean the drive chain thoroughly and lubri-
cate it. (See page 8-26.)
4. Lubricate all control cables.
5. Block up the frame to raise all wheels off
6. Tie a plastic bag over the exhaust pipe out-
let to prevent moisture from entering.
7. If storing in a humid or salt-air atmosphere,
coat all exposed metal surfaces with a light
film of oil. Do not apply oil to any rubber
parts or the seat cover.
Make any necessary repairs before storing the
1 oz of stabilizer to each gallon of fuel
(or 7.5 cc of stabilizer to each liter of fuel)