Troubleshooting – Maytag MDE9651 User Manual
The machine will not start
• that the outer door is properly closed
• that the main power switch is pressed
• that you have set the programme correctly
• that the Delayed Start option has not been
selected. If so, the time remaining until start
will be shown in full hours in the display
(e.g. 5, 4, 3h). To cancel the programme,
see page 10
• that any plug is connected
• that your home’s fuses (circuit breakers)
are intact, swap two circuit breakers. You
cannot always tell from outside if a circuit
breaker is broken
• that the overheating cut-out has not been
triggered (see below).
The overheating cut-out shuts off the tum-
ble dryer if the temperature is too high, e.g.
because dust is clogging the fluff filter.
• Clean the filter.
• Check also that the condensed water
container is not full and, if necessary, clean
the condenser. See “Care and cleaning” on
• The overheating cut-out will reset auto-
matically once the machine has cooled.
Drying takes too long
• Empty the condensed water container
and check that neither the fluff filter nor
the condenser is clogged. See “Care and
cleaning” on page 14.
• Prolonged drying times may also be due
to the condenser dryer being placed in a
room that is too small and the air in the
room (cooling air) being too hot.
• Make sure that the tumble dryer has ac-
cess to more cold air, e.g. by opening doors
• If F1 flashes in the display, the condensed
water container is full.
Empty the container and restart.
• If F2 flashes in the display, the maxi-
mum permitted programme time has been
reached. For remedial action, read “Drying
takes too long” in the “Troubleshooting” sec-