Cautions on using media, Inserting a disc, How to handle media – Marantz 5411 10470 007M User Manual
Page 52: Cleaning discs, About copyrights, Cinavia notice
Cautions on using media
Inserting a disc
• Set the disc in the tray label side up.
• Make sure the disc tray is fully open when inserting the disc.
• Place the disc horizontally in the tray, aligned with the tray guide.
If a disc that cannot be played is loaded or the disc is loaded
up-sidedown, “NO DISC” is displayed on the player’s display.
• Only load one disc at a time. Loading two or more discs can damage
the unit or scratch the discs.
• Do not use cracked or warped discs or discs that have been repaired
with adhesive, etc.
• Do not use discs on which the sticky part of cellophane tape or labels
is exposed or on which there are traces of where labels have been
removed. Such discs can get caught inside the player and damage it.
• Do not use discs in special shapes, as they may damage the player.
• Do not push the disc tray in by hand when the power is off.
Doing so could damage the set.
How to handle media
• Do not get fingerprints, oil or dirt on discs.
• Take special care not to scratch discs when removing them from
• Do not bend or heat discs.
• Do not enlarge the hole in the center.
• Do not write on the labeled (printed) surface with ball-point pens,
pencils, etc., or stick new labels on discs.
• Condensation may form on discs if they are moved suddenly from a
cold place (outdoors for example) to a warm place, but do not try to
dry discs with a hairdryer, etc.
• Do not eject a USB memory device or turn off the unit while a USB
memory device is being played. This may result in malfunction or
loss of the USB memory device’s data.
• Do not attempt to open or modify USB memory device.
• USB memory device and files can be damaged by static electricity.
Do not touch the metal contacts of an USB memory device with
• Do not use warped USB memory device.
• After use, be sure to remove any disc or USB memory device, and
store it in its proper case, to avoid dust, scratches and deformation.
• Do not store discs in the following places:
1. Places exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time
2. Dusty or humid places
3. Places exposed to heat from heaters, etc.
• If there are fingerprints or dirt on a disc, wipe them off before using
• Use a commercially available disc cleaning set or a soft cloth to clean
Gently wipe the disc from the
inside towards the outside.
Do not wipe with a circular
Do not use record spray, antistatic agents, benzene, thinner or other
• Unauthorised copying, broadcasting, public performance and lending
of discs are prohibited.
• This item incorporates copy protection technology that is protected
by U.S. patents and other intellectual property rights of Rovi
Corporation. Reverse engineering and disassembly are prohibited.
• Portions of this product are protected under copyright law and
provided under license by ARIS/SOLANA/4C.
• This product uses Cinavia technology to limit the use of unauthorized
copies of some commercially-produced film and videos and their
• When a prohibited use of an unauthorized copy is detected, a
message will be displayed and playback or copying will be interrupted.
• More information about Cinavia technology is provided at the Cinavia
Online Consumer Information Center at http://www.cinavia.com.
• To request additional information about Cinavia by mail, send a
postcard with your mailing address to: Cinavia Consumer Information
Center, P.O. Box 86851, San Diego, CA, 92138, USA.”