Service mower – John Deere la105 User Manual
Service Mower - 32
3. Slide mower under machine.
4. Put wood blocks under each side of mower deck.
5. Put attachment lift lever in lowest position.
6. Fasten rear draft arm (A) and adjustable lift link (B), on each side, with
washers and spring locking pins (C).
Picture Note: 107 cm (42 in.) mower deck shown.
7. Install front draft rod (D) into mower deck bracket (E) and secure with
washer and spring locking pin (F) on the left side of bracket as shown.
Picture Note: 122 cm (48 in.) mower deck used for photo purposes.
8. Put mower drive belt on engine drive sheave (G).
• On 122 cm (48 in.) and 137 cm (54 in.) mower decks: Put a 15 mm
closed wrench or a socket on the idler sheave nut (H) and rotate
clockwise, moving idler sheave and tensioning arm toward front of
tractor. Hold while installing belt on drive sheave.
• On 107 cm (42 in.) mower deck: Make sure belt is routed through both
belt guides (I).
9. Remove wood blocks from both sides of mower deck.
10. On machines with 107 cm (42 in.) mower deck: Attach mower
engagement drive cable.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! To prevent clutch damage, make
sure front draft rod is installed correctly. Secure rod with washer
and spring locking pin on the left side of mower deck bracket.
CAUTION: Avoid injury! Component is spring-assisted and
under tension. Injury can occur if spring-assisted component is