Installing, Removing and installing rear wheel assembly, Removing – John Deere la105 User Manual
Page 40: Service miscellaneous
Service Miscellaneous - 39
2. Safely lift and support machine. Place safe lifting device under end of
front hanger bracket at location (A), and place jack stands or other stable
supports under frame on each side at location (B). Block wheels
remaining on the ground to prevent machine movement.
3. Remove plastic cap (C) from end of wheel hub.
4. Remove snap ring (D) from end of axle.
5. Remove washer (E) and wheel from axle.
6. Take wheel assembly to an authorized service dealer for repairs.
1. Grease spindles and wheel hub grease fittings with specified grease.
2. Install wheel and washer (E) on axle.
3. Install snap ring (D).
4. Install plastic cap (C).
5. Safely remove jack stands and lower machine.
Removing and Installing Rear Wheel Assembly
1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)
CAUTION: Avoid injury! The machine can fall or slip from
an unsafe lifting device or supports.
• Use a safe lifting device rated for the load to be lifted.
• Lower machine onto jack stands or other stable supports and
block wheels before servicing.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Place jack stands under frame, not
under transmission or engine, when raising or supporting
CAUTION: Avoid injury! Components are installed under
spring tension. Wear eye protection and use proper tools when
installing and removing components with spring tension.
CAUTION: Avoid injury! Explosive separation of tire and rim
parts is possible when they are serviced incorrectly:
• Do not attempt to mount a tire without the proper equipment
and experience to perform the job.